Car Window Replacement
When a car door window shatters or is damaged, it’s important to replace it as soon as possible. Aside from uncomfortable conditions caused by a missing or damaged window, the situation can also obstruct the driver’s ability to see the road and spot road hazards in time to avoid collision.
At Glass Doctor®, we understand just how dangerous damaged auto glass can be. We offer 24/7 emergency service to vehicle owners to help keep drivers like you safe and on the road. If you need car door window repair or car door window replacement, choose Glass Doctor.
What Types of Car Windows Can Glass Doctor Service?
Have you ever considered just how much of your car is enclosed with glass? At Glass Doctor, our technicians are equipped to repair or replace:
Driver Side Windows
Driver side windows are vital to the safe operation of your vehicle. Without an uninhibited driver side window, it is unsafe to drive your vehicle.
Passenger windows aren’t just important for the comfort of your vehicle, but also for safety. For example, the clarity of your front passenger window is vital to using your passenger side mirror for changing lanes or turning.
Sunroofs and Moonroofs
A shattered or damaged sunroof or moonroof can cause further damage to your vehicle by allowing water, dirt or debris to enter the vehicle.
You know that small piece of glass in front of your window that doesn’t roll up with your window? It’s actually called quarter glass and we can replace it, too!
Power Window Regulators
Modern vehicle windows are controlled by a mechanism called a “power window regulator.” Unfortunately, power window regulators may fail from time to time due to a number of different problems and scenarios. The good news? Your local Glass Doctor is able to repair or replace the power window regulators in your car doors.
The Glass Doctor Car Window Replacement Process
In general, to replace your car window, your Glass Doctor service professional will:
- Carefully remove any broken glass
- Remove any glass that is still contained within the window frame – for car doors, this will require removing the interior door panel
- Peel back the window seal or vapor barrier
- Install the new window
- Test the power window regulator
- Replace the window seal and/or vapor barrier
- Re-install the interior door fixtures or panel
Our Car Window Repair Steps
If your glass technician determines that the crack or chip in your glass can be repaired, your Glass Doctor service expert will:
- Remove debris from the impacted area
- Clear and prepare the impacted area using a drill
- Inject a special resin into the damaged area using a tool that attaches to the surface of the glass
- Allow the resin to cure
- Polish the resin to a clear finish